The Junior League of Albuquerque’s (JLA) Community Star Award celebrates the power of volunteers making improvements in their community. Whatever work our winners do they all challenge the unmet needs of our community through volunteer action in the same spirit as the members of the Junior League.
Who is Eligible?
- Any group or individual that actively engages in voluntary service directed at improving the city of Albuquerque and/or immediate surrounding areas
- Any race, ethnicity, religious or political background
- Age 14 – unlimited
- Preference will be given to women, but all are encouraged to apply
- Service of the nominee must be unpaid and cannot include court-ordered community service. If you receive paid time off to volunteer you are eligible. If you volunteer to help for profit businesses that are helping the community you are also eligible.
- Length of service must be at least six uninterrupted months or more unless the nominee engages in volunteer work dealing with disaster relief.
- New Member and Active members of the Junior League of Albuquerque (JLA) are not eligible to receive this award.
Honorees are evaluated using the following criteria. Does their volunteer work:
- Effectively address a serious problem in the community?
- Have the potential to inspire others?
- Reflect unique and innovative approaches?
- Have the potential to be replicated by others equipped with similar resources? And/or,
Demonstrate specific, measurable impact?
What Winning Honoree(s) Receive
The winning honoree(s) are formally recognized by JLA with a plaque given during the end of year celebration held in May. JLA will also recognize the honoree and their charity through social media. Nominee can attend the Junior League of Albuquerque Year End Celebration on May 18.
Please complete nomination form by April 25st. Winner(s) will be notified by April 30th.
You are not currently logged in. Please log in to submit this form.